Next: Massachusetts Analysis
The Law Office's research addresses several questions with respect to emancipation:
- How is the ``best interest'' standard utilized when deciding emancipation or other matters involving minors? Is there utility in this standard?
- Are there ways to limit judicial discretion when making best interest determinations in emancipation proceedings while utilizing the ``best interest'' standard?
- What are the federal legal implications of continued enforcement of parental support for emancipated minors?
- Under federal law, can a child be a payee for her own child support?
- Under Massachusetts law, can the state enforce parental support of a minor who has been emancipated?
LCD Law Office #2